Sunday, October 14, 2012

Reflexive Blog 10/14- Grammar

For our writing into the day last Thursday, we were told to rant about grammar. Here's what I came up with in my daybook at first:

Right away I mentioned how other people's grammar mistakes seem to bother me for no reason sometimes. I like to think that I've always been able to use correct grammar for the most part. Part of me feels like correct grammar isn't a big deal because most people won't be bothered by a grammar mistake, at least in a real life conversation.
But another part of me feels like it's important to use correct grammar to be taken seriously. Of course using correct grammar is necessary in some situations like writing a paper or really any kind of writing that's supposed to be professional, but I try to use correct grammar to make sense of what I'm trying to say. Using correct grammar can ensure that the reader of your work can get a better understanding of what you're trying to say, and not be confused by mistakes.

























2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh you hit the nail on the head, I hate when people use slang terms for stuff. I really hate when people decide that they want to be disrespectful and text you " whr R U" that really makes me so mad. but i need to stop raging because that happened to me. oh well thank you for letting me rang on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. How is someone supposed to get a complete idea and understanding of your writings if you do not use correct grammar? Grammar is like a direct link into your head. If that link is jumbled by weird slang and mistakes then that link is not as direct anymore. Good Job.

    ReplyDelete